Galaxy roleplay the place where you want to be!!!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Server host and everone please read!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Firefox

PostSubject: Server host and everone please read!   Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:42 am

This has recently come to my attention about jka servers probably all going down the death of jka I got this source from RPG Resolute from what seems like a reliable source
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've just found out from somewhere that lucasarts have declared JKA as dead and shut down the master servers.

I found this on filefront.com.

Quote:
From what we have been told by LucasArts, those servers have been retired and servers are only being hosted by end user created servers.

Full story here: http://forums.filefront.com/sw-jk3-problems-errors-help/429460-cant-find-servers.html

Additional Info:

A legal cross-platform Master-server workaround will be made available on JKFiles this Monday.
It will work on Mac, Lunix and Windows and will likely be an executable file, meaning no code edits or file replacements will be necessary.
The new master server has already been tested several times and works both for JK2 and JK3.

Server owners will need to edit a single line in their cfg to show up on the master server list. Further explanation on EVERYTHING will be due Monday.

Until Monday, please sit tight & anticipate that this is the final announcement on the matter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bitch
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Server host and everone please read!   Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:13 pm

I've heard the news , but my brother said that boba fett and other great modderators (jka but also other games) are planning of working together to make their very own master server

Lately the server has been empty, sadly, but I think that this will give a (little) boost supporting people to come on our server
Back to top Go down
View user profile
<RaNdOm_God>
Community Owner
Community Owner

PostSubject: Re: Server host and everone please read!   Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:19 am

I'll inform the hosting company then....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://g-rp.freeforumshosting.org
Bitch
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Server host and everone please read!   Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:55 pm

Servers are back up.
JKA galaxies says that the plans are cancelled and I hope they are
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firefox

PostSubject: Re: Server host and everone please read!   Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:35 am

thats good but i only realized if they did go with the plan that you would have had to type /connect (ip address) or add server to your favs so wouldnt be that hard you just wouldnt see the master list with all the servers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server host and everone please read!   

Back to top Go down

Server host and everone please read!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1